Personal Information - Privacy and Online Consent Provisions
Storage and access of Personal Information outside Canada
Use of POWR.IO Software by the Fraser Valley Regional District
Dog Licensing Program
The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, RSBC 1996, Ch. 165 [FIPPA] and regulations thereto provide in relevant part that a public body must ensure that personal information in its custody and control is stored only in Canada and accessed only in Canada unless the individual the information is about has identified the information and has consented, in the prescribed manner, to it being stored in, or accessed from, as applicable, another jurisdiction;
The Fraser Valley Regional District is a public body as defined under FIPPA and uses POWR.IO software for purposes of administering its on-line dog licensing program;
POWR.IO has offices and servers outside of Canada. Personal information collected by the Fraser Valley Regional District for purpose of administering its on-line dog licensing program may be stored and accessed from outside Canada, including a dog owner’s name, address, phone number and IP address.
CONSENT TO THE STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF CANADA
- By using the on-line dog licensing service offered by the FVRD, I hereby consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of my personal information by the Fraser Valley Regional District and POWR.IO for purposes of applying for a dog license;
- I authorize the FVRD and POWR.IO to store and access the personal information obtained for purposes of applying for a dog license on POWR.IO servers located at any of its locations outside of Canada;
- I authorize the FVRD and POWR.IO to store and access my personal information identified above for the time frame commencing on the date I applied for a dog license and expiring one year from that date. I understand that I may withdraw my consent at any time, in writing.
- I expressly authorize the Fraser Valley Regional District to collect, use and disclose the personal information identified above solely for a use and purpose consistent with the Fraser Valley Regional District dog licensing program.
- My use of the on-line POWR.IO software application for purposes of applying for a dog constitutes my express written consent to the storage and access of my personal information outside of Canada.
- I understand that if I choose not to provide my consent to apply for a dog license on line that there are other options available to me for applying for a dog license. Please visit our website at www.fvrd.ca/services/animalcontrol/doglicenses for a list of locations where you may apply for a dog license in person. You may also contact the FVRD offices by phone at 604-702-5000; 1-800-528-0061or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make special arrangements.
Please direct questions to the FVRD Privacy Officer at 604-702-5000; 1-800-528-0061 or by email to email@example.com.